Minecraft: Education Edition is an open world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination. During this 1-day, in-person Teacher Academy, you will receive an overview of Minecraft: Education Edition, learn to play the game and create curriculum and classroom resources you can take back to your classroom and continue your journey.
Ensure you bring a Windows 10 device or Mac OSX for this BYOD hands on workshop.
- Learn about Minecraft: Education Edition, its place in learning, and unique features suited for teaching and learning with immersive games
- Become a Minecraft player, learn the controls, crafting and game features necessary to gain confidence and lower anxiety about game-based learning
- Learn strategies, tips, and tricks to integrate Minecraft into your classroom
- Learn what's worked for educators successfully teaching with Minecraft, along with resources you can bring back to your own classroom
- Take a learner's role, and walk through a learning experience featuring Minecraft. Then, move through examples traversing grade span and subject area, demonstrating the global applicability of Minecraft in schools
- 8:00 Registration
- 8:30 Introductions
- Introduction to Minecraft: Education Edition
- Get to Know Minecraft
- Learn to Play Minecraft
- First Weeks with Minecraft
- Minecraft Across the Curriculum
- 3:15 Resources and Next Steps