Our mission is to lead the transformation of teaching and learning through technology.
NYSCATE (The New York State Association for Computers and Technologies in Education), is a non-profit, professional organization representing more than 25,000 technology using educators and administrators in New York State. NYSCATE is an affiliate of the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), and cooperates with such partners as the New York State Education Department, state and national educational organizations, private sector corporations, and publishers to further the use of technology in our schools. NYSCATE is involved in helping define statewide policy regarding the use of technologies in education.
NYSCATE has drawn strength and support from its talented and diverse membership since 1965. With a current membership of over 25,000 members, all regions of the state are represented in our community teachers, administrators, school board members, parents, consultants and the business community.
NYSCATE members are our most valued asset. Primarily K-12 educators and administrators, as well as higher education, private, parochial and charter school personnel welcome.
ISTE, COSN and SETDA are the three National organizations that NYSCATE aligns with.
NYSCATE is fortunate to collaborate with many educational organizations across New York State and beyond!
- School Administrators Association of New York State
- New York State BOCES Model Schools
- New York State Council of Education Association
- New York State Distance Learning Consortium
- New York State Education Department
- New York State Learning Forward
- New York State School Boards Association
- New York State United Teachers
- Partnership for 21st Century Skills
- Education Media and Technology Association of NYS
The NYSCATE Board of Directors is composed of 15 volunteer directors.
They represent every geographic region of New York State. The board provides strategic leadership and fiduciary oversight as it works to ensure progress toward organizational goals. NYSCATE is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) corporation that is governed by an elected board of directors.
The NYSCATE Leadership Team works closely with the Board of Directors to serve our members and ensure excellent organizational performance.
The team is made up of the organization’s CEO/Executive Director, Coordinator of Professional Learning Services, and Director of Operations, who support the nonprofit by leading and assisting in various areas.
Begun over 50 years ago, NYSCATE is a thriving resource for educators.
Connections and opportunities to interact with mentors and colleagues abound through NYSCATE Workshops, certifications, conferences, summits and special events.
NYSCATE members are passionate about improving education through the innovative and effective use of technology.
Becoming a member is easy. NYSCATE offers complimentary, enhanced and premium, and institutional membership benefits.
- Access to all NYSCATE events
- Eligible for Grant and Awards Submissions
- A copy of the book, Invent to Learn (retail value $34.95)
- 20% off ISTE book purchases through NYSCATE
- $25 Voucher to use off any workshop, conference or summit
- Volunteer leadership opportunities
- Membership directory